When you are remodeling your kitchen or bathroom, you want to be sure everything is done perfectly. After all, you just spent a lot of time and money on these home improvements, so you want to make sure you’ll be happy with the end results. One of the most important parts of any kitchen or bathroom improvement project is choosing the right slab of granite for your new countertops. Choosing a slab of granite for your Lakeville remodeling project doesn’t have to be stressful or overwhelming if you follow these suggestions.
- You should always visit a showroom to look at the granite slabs that are available. Never rely on photos or small pieces or remnants to make your decision.
- When you visit our showroom to browse through our granite slabs, bring your other samples along. You should have samples of your paint, your cabinet finish, and your flooring. If possible, bring in a photo of the appliances that are being installed as well. That way, when you are looking at a specific slab of granite, you can compare it to everything else that will be going into your new kitchen or bathroom to make sure everything matches and looks good together.
- Consider the type of lighting that will be in your new kitchen or bathroom. Artificial light will make things look different than natural light. If you are having any accent lighting installed, you should consider how that will reflect on your new granite and what it will all look like after everything is installed and in place.
- Make sure you have a budget in mind for how much you can spend on your new granite. The color and pattern you choose will affect how much it costs. However, we always do our best to keep our costs down so all of our customers get the best prices possible.
- Ask for help if you need it. Don’t be afraid to ask us for our assistance in selecting your new granite. If you can’t decide on your own, our staff members can help simply because we have so much experience in this industry. We can help you decide what color and pattern will look the best in your new kitchen and bathroom.
Are you interested in learning more about granite for your Lakeville home? Call us at Minneapolis Granite at 612-822-3135, or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.