Sure you’ve likely seen many granite countertops over the years. But, what do you know about granite? As experts in fabricating and installing granite in Eden Prairie and the surrounding areas, Minneapolis Granite knows everything there is to know about this beautiful material. That’s why our granite countertops are some of the most beautiful out there. So, as the experts in granite, we’d like to offer up some hard and interesting facts about granite. And, when you’re ready to get started on a granite installation of your very own, don’t hesitate to give us a call.
- Granite has been used in kitchens and homes for hundreds of years, becoming increasingly popular in recent decades. But granite itself is much older, believed to have been formed as long as 300 million years ago!
- Granite is one of the hardest substances in the world, second only to diamonds. One thing to remember when cutting food on your granite countertops is that the granite is stronger than your knife. So if you want to keep your knives in perfect shape, it is suggest you use a cutting board.
- Even though granite is very strong, granite can still be broken. In fact, because granite isn’t flexible, it can be broken when it’s dropped. It can also chip and crack if very large or heavy objects fall on granite.
- Granite is a completely natural stone, which means it came from the earth, and is not man made. However, there are many man made products designed and created to look just like natural granite. So, make sure you know what you’re looking at when shopping around.
- A common myth about granite countertops is that they contain radon. Granite countertops will not bring radon into your home. Radon usually enters your home through small cracks and openings in your home’s foundation.
- When it comes to resealing, depending on the type of granite you select for your granite countertops, it might not ever need to be resealed. We will seal all of the granite we fabricate and install, but after that, you probably will not ever need to worry about it again. But if you are concerned about whether or not your granite needs to be resealed, there is a simple test you can do. Put a drop of water on your counters. If it does not bead up, then the granite probably needs to be resealed.
Are you interested in learning more about granite for your Eden Prairie home? Call Minneapolis Granite at 612-822-3135, or you can contact us to set up a Free Estimate.
When many homeowners choose a countertop for their bathroom vanity, the focus tends to be on budget and how it will look. While these are two very important factors, there are also other considerations to take into account. For example, it is also important to keep in mind the vanity surface will be exposed to a variety of elements, so you have to choose a surface that will not only suit your aesthetic needs, but also withstand wear and tear. The answer? A granite bathroom vanity.
As professional fabricators and installers of granite countertops, we know everything there is to know about the selection process. That’s why we’ve put together a list of some of the key considerations you should keep in mind. And, when you’re ready to select and install a new granite bathroom vanity for your St Paul home, don’t hesitate to give us a call! We will work with you to determine your wants and needs and get started on your granite bathroom vanity as soon as possible.
- One of the most popular countertop surfaces on the market, granite is always a great way to go. It boasts excellent durability and can withstand the heat and humidity that is inevitable in bathrooms. It is important, however that your granite bathroom vanity is sealed once every 3 to 5 years. This will help keep out the humidity and even oil-based bathroom products, keeping it looking shiny and new for years to come.
- The classic look of granite can breathe new life into any bathroom. A granite bathroom vanity offers a practicality that will also add elegance and value to your home. The look of granite, no matter the design style, simply can’t be beat. It’s also a great option if you’re looking to resell your home. When a prospective home buyer comes to look at your home and sees a beautifully installed granite bathroom vanity in the master bath, no doubt this will go into their decision making process.
- Anyone installing new granite vanity tops knows they will eventually get to decide on a few beautiful details; one of them being shapes and edges. With a granite bathroom vanity, you have several choices in shapes, edges and design you can pick and choose to make your granite bathroom vanity unique to you.
Whatever the reason and whatever you are looking for in a granite bathroom vanity, our experts can help you find it. Ready to look into granite vanity tops for your Eagan home? Call Minneapolis Granite today at 612-822-3135 or contact us for a Free Estimate.
Quartz countertops offer sophistication, design, and timeless appeal with relatively low maintenance. If you’re lucky enough to have this fantastic material installed in your kitchen, there are simple do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when maintaining their beautiful shine. As experts in quartz countertops for Lakeville and the surrounding areas, we’d to offer a short rundown of these important maintenance tips to help keep them as beautiful as the day they were installed.
Do Clean Spills
While quart countertops will resist permanent staining even when exposed to liquids like tea, fruit juice, wine or soda it’s important to wipe up spills immediately before they have a chance to dry. Simply take care of fresh messes with a soft cloth and some mild dishwashing detergent.
Do Gentle Deep Cleaning
For dried spills or a thorough cleaning after a long period of use or a big family meal, your best bet is a mild glass or surface cleaner, a nonabrasive sponge and a little elbow grease. You can use an over-the-counter cleaner, as long as it’s not abrasive, doesn’t contain bleach and is mild. Another option is just to mix warm water and dish soap together. Soak the solution in a cloth and wipe it on your quartz countertops. And, When you do a deep cleaning, make sure to rinse away the cleaner once you’ve finished. This way, you can be sure no reside was left behind.
Do Some Daily Cleaning
You should give your quartz countertops a regular, everyday cleaning or wipe down. It won’t take you much time at all. Just take a soft, damp cloth to the surface, and wipe it dry upon completion.
Here are a few things you should not do:
- Don’t allow prolonged exposure to heat.
- Don’t use polishing agents.
- Don’t use strong chemicals.
- Don’t use powdery cleaners.
- Don’t use products made for bathtubs or tile.
And, those are the do’s and don’ts of cleaning and maintaining your quartz countertops. As you can see, they are fairly easy to care for. And, as you know, quartz countertops offer unmatched beauty and variety of patterns and styles for your home.
Are you ready to get some more information on protecting your quartz countertops or about quart countertops for your Lakeville area home? Call the experts at Minneapolis Granite now at 612-822-3135 or Request a Free Estimate.
As you begin the process of selecting your new kitchen countertops, you may be wondering where to go. Should you shop a big box store or get your granite kitchen counter at a smaller boutique business? There are several different options when it comes to a granite kitchen counter in Apple Valley, but your best bet would be to visit a granite showroom, like the one here at Minneapolis Granite. Here are a few reasons you should visit us when you need a granite kitchen countertop fabricated and installed. And, when it’s time to select your granite slab come to us for assistance throughout the entire process.
While the big box stores may seem convenient and sell a variety of home improvement products, they are usually limited in the selection of granite they have available for sale. After all, they don’t specialize in granite kitchen countertops or even countertops in general.
Did you know that there are hundreds of different types of granite available to you? Natural stone is a work of art that comes from all over the globe. At a big box store, you may only be presented with a few to choose from. Don’t you want to choose your new granite kitchen counter for yourself? Don’t allow the big box stores to decide what granite they think you want.
When it’s time to select your granite slab, you should go to someone who specializes in granite and can offer a variety of styles and price points. Don’t get stuck with a granite kitchen counter you don’t love at a price you don’t like. Come to the experts.
Do the big box stores measure, cut, polish and install your countertops? Absolutely not. If you sign a contract with a big box store, they will outsource the job to another 3rd party fabricator. Not so with Minneapolis Granite. We are professional fabricators and installers!
Using a “boutique” shop like ours to get your new granite kitchen counter means you will not be one of the dozens of kitchens put into production. Unlike the high volume production the big guys favor, we designate more time to spend with our customers to help them get the granite kitchen counters they want and deserve.
While the sales staff at big box stores is usually somewhat knowledgeable, the professionals here at Minneapolis Granite are fully trained and educated and know a great deal about granite and all of the benefits you can enjoy with your new granite kitchen counter.
Are you ready to learn more about a new granite kitchen counter for your Apple Valley home? Call Minneapolis Granite at 612-822-3135 or you can contact us to schedule your Free Estimate.
So, you’ve finally found them, your new granite counters. It may have taken some time to choose them from hundreds of slabs or you may have known them right when you saw them. But, now that that the fabrication process is underway, the next step will soon be the installation. Before we come to install granite counters in your Burnsville area home, there are a few things you can do to prepare for their arrival. As experts in the industry, we’ve come up with a short list of things you can do. But, if you find you are have trouble making some of these happen, let us know and we can help!
First, give everything a once over. Have you ordered everything you should have? When it comes to the countertops, we’ve got you covered. But, what about everything else? Sure, you’re happy with your granite countertop selection. But make sure every other item for your kitchen or bathroom remodel is in order. For example, your new cabinets, sink, faucets and appliances. Do they match your new counters? Has everything been measured out correctly? Be sure everything that needs to be installed alongside your granite counters are not only scheduled to be installed on time but are the right color and measurements.
Next, be sure to remove furniture and other items that might be in between the door and the location your new granite counters are to be installed. If you take the time to do this, it could help make the installation process move along a little faster.
Are your new cabinets installed and finished? It is important to be sure the cabinets are finished before installing your new granite counters. It can also help to make sure the top drawers of your cabinetry are taken out and put somewhere safe. The lower drawers should be covered with old towels to help ensure the contents remain clean and safe during the installation process. Also, if you have anything fragile lying around the room, make sure those are in a safe place as well.
Will you be around for the installation of your new granite counters? It can definitely help to be there while the new countertops are being put in. After all, we may have some questions for you while installing your granite counters.
And, these are just a few things to keep in mind prior to the installation of your new granite counters. For more information about the selection, fabrication and installation of granite counters in and around Burnsville, call Minneapolis Granite at 612-822-3135 or contact us for a Free Estimate.