Summer is in full swing. And, you have likely been enjoying backyard picnics and relaxing evenings outdoors. Have you been daydreaming of a beautiful outdoor kitchen of your very own? Outdoor kitchens offer added space for cooking and entertaining and a beautiful place to host moonlit dinners. It is essential, however, that you choose quality materials to ensure that your outdoor kitchen lasts and looks great for years to come. Granite makes the ideal material for on outdoor kitchen countertop. It is scratch resistant and nearly nonporous, making it quite water resistant. That’s why we here at Minneapolis Granite would like to share with you some of the great things about granite in general as well as what makes granite counters ideal for Eagan kitchens; both indoor and outdoor.
- Granite counters are durable. Being nonporous, they are stain, heat and scratch resistant. They are also bacteria resistant making them ideal for both indoor and outdoor kitchens.
- When installed by professionals and regularly cared for, granite countertops and their beauty can last for decades. Reseal your granite kitchen countertops roughly every 12 to 18 months and they can stay as lovely as the day they were installed for years to come.
- Granite countertops are made up of various minerals, adding depth and character to each individual slab. And, since no two slabs of granite are alike, you can rest assured that you won’t see your same granite counters installed at your neighbor’s home.
- Granite counters come in a vast array of colors and patterns, ideal to match any home’s indoor or outdoor décor. When you stop by our showroom just bring along a sample of the cabinets you’re having installed, your paint swatches, etc. and our experts can help you find the perfect slab of granite to complement them.
- Granite counters are a great way to add value to your home. And, if you install them in your outdoor kitchen, you are adding even more counter space and room for entertaining. This can enhance your home and make it even more competitive on the market.
- With granite counters from Minneapolis Granite, you can rest assured your kitchen is made from the very best in quality granite. Your indoor or outdoor kitchen will be truly impressive.
As a trusted name in granite counters for many years, Minneapolis Granite has helped countless homeowners get the dream countertops they want. So, when you’re ready to learn first-hand the many benefits of granite counters for your Eagan home, call Minneapolis Granite at 612-822-3135, or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.
So you’ve just purchased or are planning to purchase new granite kitchen countertops for your Plymouth home. Everyone knows that granite makes an excellent material for kitchens due to its durability, style and variety. But, before you sit back and enjoy your new granite kitchen countertops, there will be a few decisions you will have to make about their style, fabrication and installation. As experts in all things granite, the professionals at Minneapolis Granite have put together a short rundown on what to expect when selecting your home’s new stylish addition.
Selecting Your Slab
When you are picking out new granite kitchen countertops, you should definitely see the granite slabs in person before you buy. That way, you can see firsthand the styles, colors and patterns you have to choose from. If you just see the countertops online or in a picture, it can be difficult to tell what the true colors or patterns are and how they look in different lighting or in your unique design. Seeing them in person can help you decide what colors and patterns you like best.
When it comes to choosing the right color or pattern, there are a few key points to consider:
- Dark brown cabinets? Definitely look at granite kitchen countertops that have an old-world look; light to medium in shade or have beige or brown speckles.
- Neutral shade cabinets? Take a look at granite that is grey or white for a contrasting, eye-catching look.
- You might be tempted to match your granite kitchen countertops and cabinets exactly, but this is a design no-no and can appear far too uniform and washed out.
Once you’ve selected your granite slab, it’s time to customize your new granite kitchen countertops and make them uniquely yours. A custom edge profile is one of the ways to get even more about your granite kitchen countertops. There are a number of standard options, which can be added on for no charge. Custom edge treatments can be added on for a fee. There is no right or wrong choice, just whatever you think will look best with your home’s unique style.
To Seal or Not to Seal
Most manufacturers of granite countertop slabs seal the granite before it is fashioned into what it will ultimately be used for. One type of granite may be more porous than another type of granite.
Occasionally, you may have to reseal your granite kitchen countertops. Indicators emerge when resealing is called for. For example, keep an eye out for water beading or if you place a glass upon your granite and a ring occurs, resealing may be necessary.
Are you ready to learn more about granite kitchen countertops for your Plymouth home? Call us at Minneapolis Granite at 612-822-3135 or contact us for a Free Estimate.
May is National Home Improvement Month! And as you consider home renovation ideas, a bathroom remodel is likely at the top of your list. Once deemed as purely functional, the bathroom is now a place for tranquil relaxation and solitude. It is one of the best and most common rooms to remodel nowadays in order to not only create a more luxurious space but to also increase the value of a home.
And, when redoing the bathroom you also need to consider new granite countertops for those bathroom vanities! If you update the bathroom’s color palette with a fresh coat of paint, new tile or cabinetry, you can’t just leave that vanity untouched or unchanged. If you are in the market for new granite vanity tops in Edina or nearby, bring in the experts at Minneapolis Granite!
We are experts in granite vanity tops. And we know that a vanity must illustrate the overall vibe of your bathroom while still serving as a functional space. And, when it comes to choosing the best material for your bathroom vanity, there is one that stands out among the rest and that is granite. There are many benefits to choosing granite vanity tops for your bathroom remodel:
- Variety: Endless options. Patterns and hues that fit any room or decor.
- Scratch and Heat Resistant: subtle scrapes from common bathroom utensils and curling irons will not damage the surface.
- Aversion to humidity means those steamy showers will not affect the surface of your granite vanity tops.
- Granite being granite, the second hardest stone on earth, it will last for years to come.
- Resale value is added to your home by going with granite for your bathroom vanities.
As you know, bathroom vanities are the prime location for the application and usage of makeup, hair and skin products, styling irons and damp cloths—taking a beating. A material such as granite is a great choice for its ability to sustain such treatment. Just wipe the stains away.
And, selecting your granite vanity tops can be one of the most enjoyable shopping trips you can make! There are so many styles to choose from and a veritable bevy of colors and designs. If you are unsure what slab of granite to choose, the experts at Minneapolis Granite are well-versed in helping homeowners pick the perfect granite vanity tops to enhance their home and fit perfectly with the décor.
Ready to look into granite vanity tops for your Edina home? Call Minneapolis Granite today at 612-822-3135 or contact us for a Free Estimate.
Quartz has become a very popular choice in countertops and make up some of the most eye-catching options in counters. We here at Minneapolis Granite love quartz as a countertop material for so many reasons. From its timeless style to its incredible durability and everything in between, we are always happy to install quartz countertops in Burnsville and the surrounding areas. Over the years we’ve noticed the growing popularity of quartz countertops in the kitchen and bathroom, that’s why we’ve come up with this list of why we think quartz countertops make such a wonderful choice for the home.
Ease of Care
Quartz countertops can be cleaned with simple soap and water. Just make sure you avoid scouring pads which can dull the quartz surface and don’t use any harsh chemicals. Quartz is even stain-resistant! Because of the way it’s made, it has no channels and it never requires sealing, making it much easier to use and maintain. That means you don’t have to worry about kids (or adults) spilling their drinks and ruining your countertops.
Quartz countertops will last for a long time. Quartz is a very hard material that’s both stain and scratch resistant. Stains, mold and odor-causing bacteria can’t penetrate quartz’s surface due to its non-porous nature, making it perfect for the kitchen, bathroom and other rooms in the home.
The biggest reason for the recent surge in quartz’s popularity can likely be traced to advances in the man-made stone’s aesthetic. Quartz kitchen countertops now come in a multitude for styles with slabs with swirls, stunning metallic flecks and unique patterns to make them almost indistinguishable from the natural stone varieties. Coming in many colors and patterns, you are sure to find the quartz countertops to match your unique home. And, because of the way quartz countertops are manufactured, it has a uniform look that’s sleek and impressive.
With the expenses that come along with a new home or a home renovation, it can be important to choose materials that offer the best value for your money. Quartz countertops are comparable to granite and other natural stone in price. And, like their natural counterparts, they won’t sacrifice on style. If your home is in need of a lot of countertop space, quartz may just be the material for you.
And these are just a few of the many great reasons to choose quartz countertops for your Burnsville home. Call Minneapolis Granite today at (612) 822-3135 to learn more! Or, you can contact us to Request a Free Estimate.
Granite is such a beautiful stone with so much wonderful history. Homeowners have been choosing granite for their kitchen and bathroom counters for decades. In the distant past, your granite selection may have depended on the selection available from your local quarry. But today’s homeowners have the opportunity to purchase granite from all around the globe. With so many colors, patterns and styles to choose from, it can be overwhelming when trying to decide which granite counters are best for your unique home. But, rest assured, at Minneapolis Granite, you are sure to find them! Granite counters aren’t just elegant and luxurious; they are also incredibly durable and resistant to heat, burns, stains, scratches and more. We install granite counters in Apple Valley and surrounding neighborhoods, so we are here to give you a few tips on choosing the perfect slab of granite for your new countertops.
First, gather your materials. When you come to our showroom to look at colors for your new granite counters, bring along samples of the cabinet finish, wall paint, flooring and kitchen appliances. Take pictures of items when a sample isn’t possible or available. Then, place the samples and images on or around the granite to get a good feel of what everything will look like together. That way, you can be sure your new granite counters won’t clash with the rest of the room.
Consider your color scheme. When it comes to choosing the right color or pattern, here are a few suggestions:
- If your cabinets are more of a dark brown shade, definitely look at granite counters that have an old-world look, that are light to medium in shade or have beige or brown speckles. Greens and yellows are great too!
- If you have cabinets in a neutral shade like medium brown, take a look at granite that is gray, beige or white.
- If your cabinets are cherry wood, be sure to check out granite with rose accents in them.
- Oak cabinets in medium to light brown? Go for a contrasting color for a beautiful, eye-catching look.
- You might be tempted to match your granite counters and cabinets exactly, but his is a design no-no and can appear uniform and drab.
Take your lighting into account. Granite counters are a great way to add value to your home. But if your kitchen or bathroom lighting is poor, it will be difficult to appreciate the granite’s beauty no matter your selection. If the room has a lot of natural light, choose granite counters with white, gold or silver flecks to reflect the light.
Are you ready to look into granite counters for your Apple Valley home? Call us at Minneapolis Granite at 612-822-3135 or contact us for a Free Estimate.