Granite countertops are a popular kitchen and bathroom choice for a variety of reasons. After all, they are beautiful, heat resistant, can last for many years and require minimal maintenance. And, for the busy homeowner these are all perks of having these elegant counters.
However, while Eden Prairie granite countertops are resistant to a rather long list of items, that does not mean that they will never present one with an extra cleanup job. And, should you find yourself faced with cleaning a stain on a granite countertop, you might be a bit perplexed as to what you need. Fortunately, this is not a difficult task! To have your Eden Prairie granite countertops looking like new, assemble the following items:
- Soft cloth or sponge
- A bucket or large bowl
- A PH Neutral dishwashing liquid (these are typically any soap you would wash dishes with or any cleaner listed as a 7 on the PH scale.)
- Warm water
- Microfiber cloth (often found in the automotive section or in some kitchen stores) or a soft sponge
- Natural stone or granite cleaner
Once you have these common household items you are ready to remove the stain from your granite countertop, using these simple steps:
- Add a few drops of the liquid dishwashing soap to the bucket, which has been filled with warm water, and mix until suds have formed.
- Dip your sponge or cloth into the mixture and “Spread” it on the stained area, until it is thoroughly covered.
- Rinse out the sponge with plain hot water and then gently wipe up any sudsy residue. Don’t panic if the stone now looks a bit cloudy or even has some streaks—remember, you aren’t finished yet and there is likely to be some soap still on the countertop! So, repeat this step several times until the cloudiness is gone.
- Once any cloudiness or streaks have been removed, use the microfiber cloth to dry the surface.
- Follow up with the natural stone cleaner to add that extra shine.
As you work on removing the stain from the countertop, remember that you will want to gently blot the stain as opposed to rubbing at it, as this will keep the stain from spreading. Also, the longer the stain has been there, the more difficult it will be to remove.
Once you have returned your granite countertops to their original beauty, you will want to protect them. Use the natural stone cleaner from time to time to keep them at their best!
Granite countertops are a beautiful addition to any space. They are cleaned easily and will last for years. So, if you are thinking that granite countertops are right for your kitchen or bath, contact the Eden Prairie granite specialists at Minneapolis Granite. They will be happy to help you.
Contact us today by calling 612-822-3135 or Contact us Online.