We here at Minneapolis Granite would like to share with you some of the great things about granite in general as well as granite kitchen countertops for your Edina home. Edina and local denizens are fully aware that we are one of the area’s top choices for granite kitchen countertops. As such, we would like to share some insight into what makes this rock such a great choice for countertops in your home. Here are some exciting fun facts about granite.
- The second hardest stone on earth, granite is nearly as hard as diamonds on the Moh’s Scale.
- Many believe that granite is unbreakable, if not indestructible. Not true. Granite can certainly be cracked or chipped if hit by an object that is heavy enough to alter it. Always be mindful of heavy objects that can “fall” one way or another in and around your granite kitchen countertops.
- Resistant to heat and scratching, your granite kitchen countertops can take some level of a beating and be none the worse for wear. Nonetheless, it is highly advisable that you use a cutting board, largely to spare your knives (and not really your granite kitchen countertops).
- Granite is found throughout the world, It is a prominent presence in Brazil, India and the United States.
- Rock climbers love granite! It’s the rock they climb!
- Granite is great for kitchen countertops in Edina and beyond, thanks to its overwhelming durability. Busy families no longer need concern themselves with having to be too careful around their granite kitchen countertops so long as the proper time is taken to clean, maintain and reseal it on a schedule.
- Reseal your granite kitchen countertops roughly every 12 to 18 months to enable them to stay as lovely as the day that they were installed in your home.
- Radon does exist in granite, but it comes in such small trace amounts that it will not emerge as a problem as it does from the ground through your basement or lower level to infiltrate the rest of your home.
- Granite kitchen countertops emerge in a vast array of colors and patterns, ideal to match any home’s décor.
Are you ready for granite kitchen countertops in your Edina home? call Minneapolis Granite at 952-746-4690 or contact us and Request a Free Quote.