Granite is such a beautiful stone with so much wonderful history. Homeowners have been choosing granite for their kitchen and bathroom counters for decades. In the distant past, your granite selection may have depended on the selection available from your local quarry. But today’s homeowners have the opportunity to purchase granite from all around the globe. With so many colors, patterns and styles to choose from, it can be overwhelming when trying to decide which granite counters are best for your unique home. But, rest assured, at Minneapolis Granite, you are sure to find them! Granite counters aren’t just elegant and luxurious; they are also incredibly durable and resistant to heat, burns, stains, scratches and more. We install granite counters in Apple Valley and surrounding neighborhoods, so we are here to give you a few tips on choosing the perfect slab of granite for your new countertops.
First, gather your materials. When you come to our showroom to look at colors for your new granite counters, bring along samples of the cabinet finish, wall paint, flooring and kitchen appliances. Take pictures of items when a sample isn’t possible or available. Then, place the samples and images on or around the granite to get a good feel of what everything will look like together. That way, you can be sure your new granite counters won’t clash with the rest of the room.
Consider your color scheme. When it comes to choosing the right color or pattern, here are a few suggestions:
- If your cabinets are more of a dark brown shade, definitely look at granite counters that have an old-world look, that are light to medium in shade or have beige or brown speckles. Greens and yellows are great too!
- If you have cabinets in a neutral shade like medium brown, take a look at granite that is gray, beige or white.
- If your cabinets are cherry wood, be sure to check out granite with rose accents in them.
- Oak cabinets in medium to light brown? Go for a contrasting color for a beautiful, eye-catching look.
- You might be tempted to match your granite counters and cabinets exactly, but his is a design no-no and can appear uniform and drab.
Take your lighting into account. Granite counters are a great way to add value to your home. But if your kitchen or bathroom lighting is poor, it will be difficult to appreciate the granite’s beauty no matter your selection. If the room has a lot of natural light, choose granite counters with white, gold or silver flecks to reflect the light.
Are you ready to look into granite counters for your Apple Valley home? Call us at Minneapolis Granite at 612-822-3135 or contact us for a Free Estimate.